Launched in 2018, The Phoenix Joy is a collection of posts and images to inspire the late bloomer, the procrastinator, and the quicksand dweller to do as they dream. This blog was created as an accountability tool for me to live and not just be alive as so many of us have fallen victim to at some point in our lives. Behind the scenes is where you'd usually find me because I never truly felt comfortable being in front. I've learned that life begins at the end of our comfort zone so here I am front and center, sharing the discovery of my interests in all things fashion, family, and fitness. The Phoenix represents rebirth and Joy well hey; that's me. I hope you find inspiration along the way.
Now that the snapshot is out of the way here are some key points to know about me right out of the gate
- I am a mother of 5 children whose ages range from 5-25.
- I've recently added Granny to my list of titles. I'm over the moon about it!
- I first became a mom at 16 well before I was truly a woman and as such I missed some key lessons in self-care along the way (i'm cramming as we speak)
- I still very much believe in love, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny. (2 out of 3 for sure)
- I'm addicted to shoes, statement t-shirts, and I LOVE to dance!